Elder J.Emmanuel Obi- President
Missionary Lajuanna Taylor- Elect Lady
The Department of Evangelism involves several key actions: telling the good news, announcing the kingdom (reign) of God, and bearing witness. Led by the Department President with the assistance of the Elect Lady and supporting staff, the DOE engages in ministry efforts to accomplish specific targets and objectives for the edification of the Kingdom of God.
Mission Targets and Objectives:
- Train ministers to become Evangelists
- Emphasize the recruitment of young ministers to be the catalyst for them to relate to the “youth population” the great “Pentecostal Experience of Salvation.”
- Create an evangelistic revival plan parallel to the spiritual revival that occurred at Azusa Street. This revival, with great expectation of the Department, will catapult thousands into: repentance, justification and sanctification.
- Provide a strategy for the Churches of God in Christ to evangelize their families.
- Advance the impact of the International Family Day of Evangelism as prescribed by our International President, Dr. Elijah Hankerson. This Sunday will be for COGIC Churches throughout the United States and worldwide to invite their family members to Church–presenting to them the plan of salvation.
The Evangelism Department will be in a relentless mode to constantly announce: “For what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” Mark 8:36 & 37. As we implement this vision we go forward and upward giving praises and honor to our God.
Key Initiatives and Programs of the OKSE Department of Evangelism:
- COGIC College Campus Ministries (Langston University, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, and University of Central Oklahoma)
- Revival Fire
- Young Evangelist Training (in collaboration with the Youth Department’s Young Preacher’s Network and Young Women in Ministry)